Monday, November 4, 2013

Ba-ba-ba-ba- Blobbler.




I have drooled over this bike at the museum for years. Even before our gracious hosts schooled me on custom bikes from an era before choppers, I lusted over this machine. It's no wonder why my panhead took the shape that it did. Between this bike and the 1948 hotrod panhead, I have probably unconsciously ripped off the looks of both bikes. Anyways, this beautiful 1940 is bad as fuck. Cool parts all over it, including the rare "magdraulic" front brake. Magnets, how do they work? The Insane Clown Posse may think that this brake works off of magic, when actually engineers figured out a way to make electricity operate the mechanical front brake on a springer. Another cool part is the wide riser cover. Below, you can see that I made a critter version of that cover out of 2 standard Hydraglide riser covers. I can't wait for my next trip back to Wheels Through Time. 



1 comment: